Sunday, June 15, 2008

I guess I'm not very good at this...

So, I set up the blog because I'm terrible at emailing everyone and letting them know what's going on. Since I've been here almost a month and I've only posted a couple times, I guess I'm not really any better at the blogging thing. Oh well.

First off, want to send out a big hello to Kari S. and Suzi H. Both of which are due this week. Kari I know is having the baby this week one way or the other, Suzi I haven't hear much about lately. To both of you, you are in my thoughts and prayers, even if I'm terrible at writing. Keep me posted!!!

Let's see, what's been happening here. Well things are good for me at work. The company is definitely smaller and their systems are very basic. I see lots of potential but am starting out slow. I don't want to step on anyones toes. So far, I've been doing cost analysis projects. They have told me what they are thinking, and I've been compiling the data. So far it's been pretty easy. The people I work with seem nice. I've made a couple friends, but am being real careful around the office. It seems there are a lot of women and they don't all get along so hot at times so I'm just kind of sticking to myself for now. I'm also watching my butt a bit with the boss. He's pretty hands off, but from what I've noticed he's keeping a pretty close eye on all the happenings of the office. Don't want to get off on the wrong foot. I think I'll be happy there once I get going. They do have some pretty cool perks there. The colonies sell items that the employees can buy. Last week they brought in eggs for $1 a dozen, homemade pot pies (I bought one, they were wonderful) and frozen chickens. From what I hear around the office they bring other things too, but that's all I know about first hand. We also can get sliced sandwich meat for cheap, turkey, ham and roast beef. And the company has some kind of employee event about once a month. Not to mention the scenery. My boss was laughing at me because I was standing by the back patio door the other day just staring outside. He thought I was lost. LOL But actually, I was watching to big pheasant roosters that were sunning themselves in the yard. From what I hear, the deer come right up near the building too, but I haven't seen any of those yet.

Tracy is still looking for a job. He's been offered a job at Pepsi, the post office and out at the turkey plant. He turned down the one at Pepsi, it was for a delivery driver and he thought he might like it but there were pretty strict about not allowing vacations at all during the summer and he'd possibly have to work a lot of weekends. The position out at the plant he's still on the fence about. It's a foreman position on the slicing line (the cooked side). It sounds like a good position with lots of potential for moving up. However, he's have to start on 2nd shift, and we're both a little leery about both of us working for the same company. Just sounds like we're asking for trouble if you ask me, but it would depend. He hasn't said either way yet. The one at the post office is very good money, but it's 6 pm to 6 am and it's not necessarily a permanent position. I'm fairly confident he's going to turn that one down too. He's also had interviews with several other companies in town. It's just a matter of time until he finds the right job. He's been working part time at a gas station to fill his time in the meantime. He seems to like it, but it's not something he would do long term. He's also doing a lot of fishing. He goes out most every night as soon as the kids go to bed. He's caught a few but he doesn't keep much. He's still trying for that walleye.

The kids are adjusting well. We got BMO into a very small home daycare. He seems to like it. And I love it because meals are included and he's being forced to eat new things. He actually ate goulous (I have no idea how to spell that) last week and liked it. Amazing. GIO is staying at home for now with a teenage girl we have watching her. It's kind of nice because depending on when Tracy has interviews or whatever she can come over and the rest of the time, he keeps GIO with him. BMO is a little homesick too. He's told me several times that he misses his friend from school in CA. I try to reassure him that he'll make new friends, but I know how he feels. He does spend a lot of time with the neighbor kids. And he's gone swimming with them a bunch. The pool here in town is pretty nice, and the little kids pool is free so it's a great afternoon get away for the kids.

I don't know much else. We're trying to keep busy, but there's not near as much to do here. I ran away to Sioux Falls last weekend for the day with GIO. We met up with my Mom and shopped the day away. That was nice. Tracy took BMO to see Kung Fu Panda on Friday, they said it was a really good movie. Again, one of the small town perks, the theater (that's only 3 screens, remember you all gave me crap about that one before I left) is within walking distance of the house and I can buy tickets at work ahead of time for only $5.

I don't know much else. I'd say everything is going well here. We're getting settled. I'm missing everyone terribly, but I still believe this is where I'm suppose to be. Hope all is well with all of you. Drop me a note and let me know how everyone is!!!!

No comments: