Monday, July 14, 2008

Not much has changed....

I need to work harder at this, it's been 2 weeks since my last post. I'd like to say it's cuz I've been so darn busy, but I'm probably just lazy. And I really don't know what to write about.

The 4th weekend was very nice. T's brother came up with 2 of his boys. We spent way way too much money on fireworks. We went out to a farm near here to shot off the fireworks. I believe a good time was had by all. BMO loved it. Thank you to the friends for having us, your place is beautiful. The weekend was very full for all of us. In addition to spending one night out at the farm shotting off fireworks, we also took the kids swimming, went bowling, watched the professional fireworks after the races (we didn't actually go to the races) and the boys got to go fishing for several hours. It was a full weekend. And although it wore us all out, we had fun.

This last weekend was my Mom's birthday I took the kids and went back for the weekend. T had to work Friday and Saturday night so figured it would be better for him to get some sleep. We had a very enjoyable time. Saturday Papa took BMO in the roadster to a car show in Hull. Mom, GIO and I followed a little while later. They had a small kiddy carnival and a parade. BMO had fun at the carnival and in the jump houses. The parade was excellent. Tons of entries and more candy then we could ever have asked for. We came home with about 1/2 of a plastic grocery bag full of candy. He pry could have gotten a lot more too, but we stopped encouraging him so much about halfway through when we realized how much we had. It was an enjoyable day. Other memorible items from the weekend. Papa and BMO caught lightning bugs in the backyard and were putting them into a jar. They were so thick that they practically flew into your hands. And a shout out to my sister, who likes to refer to me as middle aged now. Thanks Princess, just remember your turn will come. I think I'll send BMO to your house for a week next.

Things haven't been going too well with Grandma Grace. After the surgery she was recovering well and surprising everyone. They moved her out of ICU last week and we all had pretty high hopes that she'd pull through this. However, it appears that her body is just getting tired. They will be transferring her back to the home in IA, where she has been for the last few years, today. Once she gets there, they will do their best to make her comfortable. Hospice has been called and will be helping with her care. I saw her this weekend when we were back. She was rather pale and very tired. However, she knew who I was and talked a little. I am praying for the Lord to comfort her.

Things with all of us are good. BMO started swimming lessons this morning and a new daycare. Hopefully this one will work well for him. It's a larger daycare with a preschool in it. He was pretty excited. GIO is still staying at home until school starts in the fall. We have a nice gal that comes in and watches her while T sleeps. It's been working well. T has been working a lot out at the plant as a foreman. He goes in late in the afternoon and gets home in the middle of the night. His room has really good production and he seems to like it okay. I think the hours are getting to him, I'm not sure how long he will last on nights. I'm doing okay at work. Getting settled and familiar with the way things are done. I like some of the challenges I've gotten to work on. And i get to be the demanding pushy chick that I so enjoy. LOL

Hope all is well with all of my friends. Been thinking a lot about my CA friends and the fires out there. Send me an email or a text sometime, I'm trying to respond to all of them.

No comments: